Organizer 9.8: Introduction on (Windows XP)
Course number: LOR-L1-052-606
Software version number: 9.8
Course length: 1 day
Overview: Students will learn the basic skills necessary to begin using Organizer 9.
Prerequisites: Windows 95: Introduction or equivalent knowledge.
Delivery method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Benefits: Students will learn how to schedule appointments, coordinate tasks and events, schedule group meetings, send and receive Notes mail messages, and view calendars.
Target student: Students enrolling in this course should understand the basic concepts involved in working with a personal computer (PC). For example, students should be familiar with terms such as computer memory, data files, and program files. Students should also be familiar with the components of a personal computer including input, output, and storage devices.
What's next: This is the only course in the series.
· Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Be familiar with the Organizer 97 GS interface and create and edit appointments.
· Use the group scheduling feature to schedule a meeting and accept, decline, or send a delegate to a meeting.
· Create and edit records in the Address section.
· Schedule yearly events by using the Planner and Anniversary sections.
· Create, edit, and print tasks in the To Do section.
· Log incoming and outgoing phone messages by using the Calls section.
· Add, edit, and format text in the Notepad section.
· Work more efficiently by using TeamMail and by viewing more than one calendar at a time.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Organizer and the Calendar
Lesson 2: Using group scheduling
Lesson 3: Managing the Address section
Lesson 4: Scheduling events
Lesson 5: Using the To Do section
Lesson 6: Managing calls
Lesson 7: Using the Notepad section
Lesson 8: Working in a networked environment
Appendix A: Customizing Organizer
Appendix B: Preparing to use the Internet
· Using the Internet