1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Advanced
Course number: LME-L3-076215
Software version number: 9.5
Course length: 1 day(s)
Overview: Students will learn be introduced to some of the advanced features of Lotus 1-2-3.
Prerequisites: >Windows 98: Introduction, 1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Worksheets or equivalent knowledge.
Delivery method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Benefits: Students will learn how to use the advanced capabilities of Lotus 1-2-3.
Target student: We designed 1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Advanced for the student who has a solid understanding of the basic concepts involved in working with 1-2-3 and wants to learn the skills necessary to work with advanced capabilities of Lotus 1-2-3
What's next: 1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Worksheets is the first course in this series.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· * Create decision-making formulas by using range names and advanced functions.
· * Display and protect worksheet data by hiding and displaying columns and protecting cells.
· * Summarize data from several workbooks by creating and modifying formulas that link workbook files.
· * Troubleshoot and analyze data by using the @ISERR function and the BackSolver.
· * Analyze information by substituting different sets of data into specified ranges by using versions and version groups.
· * Automate repetitive tasks by creating and running macros and scripts.
· * Enhance a worksheet’s appearance by using designer frames and style templates, and print large worksheets by using print titles and changing the page orientation.
Lesson 1: Advanced Formula Construction
· Range Names
· The @ROUND Function
· The @IF Function
· The @VLOOKUP Function
Lesson 2: Advanced Worksheet Management
· Viewing Options
· Hiding Columns of a Worksheet
· Protecting Worksheet Data
Lesson 3: Using 3-D Workbooks and Linking Multiple Files
· Using 3-d Workbooks
· Working with Multiple Files
· Comparing Multiple Worksheet Files and Linked Files
Lesson 4: Analyzing Information
· The @ISERR Function
· Using the BackSolver Feature
Lesson 5: Using Versions and Version Groups
· Creating Versions
· Creating Version Groups and Version Reports
Lesson 6: Introduction to Macros and LoutsScript
· Introduction to Macros
· Introduction to LotusScript
Lesson 7: Enhancing and Printing Worksheets
· Filling and Transposing Ranges
· Enhancing Worksheet Appearance
· Advanced Printing Techniques
Lesson 8: Customizing the SmartIcon Bar; Using Internet Tools
· Working with Sets of SmartIcons
· Customizing a SmartIcon Set
· Internet Tools