1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Charting and Database Functions
Course number: LME-L2_076-214
Software version number: 9.5
Course length: 1 day
Overview: Students will learn the basics of creating charts from their worksheet data and enhancing those charts. They will also be introduced to database concepts and learn how to work with a range of worksheet data as a database.
Prerequisites: Windows 98: Introduction and 1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Worksheets, or equivalent knowledge.
Delivery method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Benefits: Students will learn how to display worksheet data by creating charts; they will also manipulate worksheet ranges by using database operations.
Target student: Students enrolling in this course should understand the basics of working in a 1-2-3 for Windows worksheet.
What's next: 1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Charting and Database Functions is the second course in this series. 1-2-3 Millennium Edition 9.5: Advanced, the next course in this series, teaches students how to work with advanced features of 1-2-3, such as macros, linking files, and advanced formula construction.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
* Display data graphically by selecting a range and creating a chart.
* Enhance chart displays by modifying parts of the chart.
* Display data as parts of a whole by creating and enhancing pie charts.
* Enhance worksheet and chart data by using drawn objects.
* Manage data on a worksheet by sorting the rows.
* Find records in a database table by using a query table.
* Manage data in a database table by using a query table.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Charts
· Creating a Basic Chart
· Working with Multiple Charts
Lesson 2: Formatting and Enhancing Charts
· Enhancing and Formatting Titles and Legends
· Modifying Axis Information
· Using Drawn Objects to Enhance Charts and Worksheets
Lesson 3: Using Pie Charts
· Creating a Pie Chart
· Enhancing a Pie Chart
Lesson 4: Advanced Charting Topics
· Adding and Deleting a Data Series
· Additional Enhancements
· Creating Charts from 3-D Ranges
Lesson 5: Sorting Data
· One-column Sorts
· Range Names
· Multiple-level Sorts
Lesson 6: Introduction to Data Management
· Database Terminology and Guidelines
· Defining the Database Table and the Find Criteria
· Numeric Comparison Criteria
Lesson 7: Using Query Tables
· Working with Query Tables
· Using Multiple Criteria
· Managing Records in a Database Table
· Using Database Functions
Appendix A: Using Maps to Chart Data
Appendix B: Integration with Approach