Approach Millennium Edition 9.5: Advanced
Course number: AME-L2-076-405
Software version number: 9.5
Course length: 1 day
Overview: Students will learn how to manipulate multiple databases, create crosstabs and charts to summarize data, create macros, and customize the Approach environment.
Prerequisites: Approach Millennium Edition 9.5: Introduction or equivalent knowledge.
Delivery method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Benefits: Students will learn how to manipulate multiple databases by using some of the advanced features in Approach Millennium Edition 9.5.
Target student: Students enrolling in this course should understand introductory Approach Millennium Edition database concepts.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· Define databases and add data to them by using templates and by importing and exporting data.
· Explore the Approach Preferences settings, and identify and solve common data problems by applying the concepts of data normalization.
· Create forms based on multiple databases by using a repeating panel.
· Display data from multiple databases by creating repeating panel reports.
· Analyze and evaluate the information in databases by creating worksheets, crosstabs, and charts.
· Create form letters and generate mailing labels from databases.
· Use existing macros like templates to create new macros, and create decision-making macros by using the If function.
· Personalize the Approach environment by displaying a customized set of SmartIcons and creating a custom menu.
Lesson 1: Copying, Importing, and Exporting Data
· Using an Existing Approach File to Create a Database
· Importing Files
· Exporting Files
Lesson 2: Managing Multiple Databases
· Exploring Approach Preferences
· Data Normalization
· Analyzing Database Relationships
· Joining Databases
Lesson 3: Advanced Form Design
· Repeating Panel Forms
· Form Enhancements
Lesson 4: Advanced Report Design
· Repeating Panel Reports
· PowerClick Reporting
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data
· Creating Worksheets and Crosstabs
· Charting Data
Lesson 6: Form Letters and Mailing Labels
· Creating a Form Letter
· Creating Mailing Labels
Lesson 7: Creating and Using Macros
· Creating and Using a Macro
· Modifying Macros
· Creating a Looping Macro
· Attaching Macros
Lesson 8: Customization
· Customizing the SmartIcons
· Customizing Menus
Appendix A: An Overview of LotusScript